Provide swim lessons/ private or group to adults of all levels and abilities based on American
Red Cross (ARC) standards and program requirements.
(Current certification in the following is preferred)
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or experience teaching swim lessons
Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lessons instruction
Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of teaching swimming and water safety skills
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
- Leadership and public relations skills
- Communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Represent University Recreation by maintaining a professional attitude in keeping with the
- The swim instructor is responsible for instructing swim lesson participants.
- Maintain the safety of participants in and around the class.
- Work with other instructors in co teaching certain classes.
- Evaluates students participating in swim lessons
- Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Communicate effectively with the lifeguards on duty and act as a team in an emergency.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all that utilize the facility and serve our diverse
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training. First Aid is to be handled by the
is LIFE THREATENING. Recommend that all injured patrons seek professional medical attention.
Assist the Publicity Programmers in keeping the University community informed of pool activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Assisstant Director for Aquatics