NO ASU ID - NO ENTRANCE - NO EXCEPTION
Participants must present a valid AppCard for admittance to the recreation facilities. Individuals who present false identification (use an AppCard other than their own), or whose ID is presented by another individual will be suspended from the recreation facilities for 3 days.
- No food, drinks, gum, or hauling devices (strollers, carts, car seats, etc.) or roller blades except for ADA approved devices allowed in the pool area.
- All participants must shower before entering the pool.
- Appropriate non-transparent swimming attire must be worn (no t-shirts, gym shorts, cut-offs, thongs, etc.).
- Participants must wear clean flip flops or aqua shoes on the deck/in the pool.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the swimming pool area.
- Lockers are available for storage of personal belongings while in the facility.
- Children that wear diapers must wear swim diapers.
- Children 5 years of age or younger and non-swimmers must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times.
- Pollution of the pool is prohibited (e.g. urination, blowing of nose, spitting, menstruation, etc.).
- No running on the deck, rough play, or dangerous activity.
- Novice swimmers may be asked to pass a swim test with the lifeguard before entering the deep end.
- No one will be allowed to use the pool area with an open wound or sore.
- If you chose to use the pool while academic classes are taking place, please be courteous to the classes taking place.
- Must enter and exit through the locker room.
- University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. (Turn in any found items to a Facility Supervisor on duty)
- This facility is being monitored by closed circuit cameras.
Note: Flotation devices found in the pool area, either personal or belonging to UREC, are not meant to be used as life-saving devices. Notify a lifeguard on duty in case of an emergency.
Inclement Weather Policy
Thunder: Immediate evacuation of the pool area
Reopen approximately 15 minutes following last indication of thunder
Lightning: Immediate evacuation of the pool area
Reopen approximately 30 minutes following last sighting of lightning
2 Short Blasts = Lifeguard Instruction
3 Long Blasts = Clear the pool
You should be aware that you may be injured while participating in University Recreation activities or facilities. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a physical examination and secure adequate medical insurance prior to participation. Since all activities are voluntary, Appalachian State University assumes no responsibility for monetary expenses incurred for medical treatment or transportation for emergency care. All participants must submit a waiver before participating in any aquatics programming.
Any violation of the policies listed above or those set forth by University Recreation may be grounds for removal from the facilities.
Failure to abide by procedures will result in disciplinary action.
Report all injuries to the lifeguard on duty
SRC Office: (828) 262-2100
UREC Hotline: (828) 262-UREC
(for game schedules and cancellations)
SRC Console: (828) 262-8704
Quinn Rec Center: (828) 262-3035