Swim Lessons FAQ
Where can I park?
- The parking lot in front of the SRC after 4 p.m.
- The Edwin Duncan Annex building parking lot after 4 p.m. (It is located in front of the SRC across Rivers Street)
When should we arrive?
The pool will be open to swim lesson participants 5 minutes prior to the start of lessons. The locker rooms are always open if you wish to arrive earlier to change.
What should my child wear and bring?
- A swimsuit that does not restrict movement.
- Infants and toddlers who are still in diapers must wear a disposable diaper with a plastic diaper cover and swimsuit.
- Participants also need towels. Goggles are optional.
Can I be on deck with my child?
Yes, but we prefer you wait at the deep and of the pool. However, we recommend parents wait outside the pool area unless taking part in the Infant and Toddler class. We are very supportive of you sharing your child’s experience, however we ask that you respect our child's instructor and give him/her the necessary space to teach.
What if my child has to miss a lesson?
We do not require that your child be at all the lessons, it is simply a benefit to him or her to get the most instruction possible. University Recreation will not refund any money for lessons missed, unless cancelled by our department. Classes will not be held if schools close for snow.
Locker room and pool admittance
- Children over 5 years old must use locker room of that child’s gender or change in the family locker room.
- Swimmers entering the pool must shower and follow posted pool rules and regulations.
- Drinks and food are prohibited in the pool area.
Signing in and out
Participants in lessons must sign in at the console prior to entering and must sign out in the pool area on exiting each session. Parents need to return to the pool to pick up their child and escort him/her to the locker room.
Children will not be permitted in the pool with:
- Skin Rash
- Sore or Inflamed Eyes
- Open Cuts
- Communicable Disease
- GI upset
- Nasal or Ear Discharge
- Open Blisters
- Bleeding Teeth